66 replies to this topic

#1 *Emily*

*Emily*

On Fire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:49 PM

You know the feeling, you are super pumped after an amazing concert then after that wears off you get a little depressed. Its over and you don't know when you will get to see them next and if you are like me you don't think you will ever be that close to the stage again and you don't know if you will ever get to meet them again. Its a sad thing. This can be the support group.

Edited by *Emily*, 27 April 2008 - 10:04 PM.

#2 Deborah

Deborah

On Fire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

I still have it after 15 months... :mellow:
Posted Image
31/01/07 10/06/10

#3 jjasper123

jjasper123

The Loser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,218 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:28 PM

i get after every concert...i count down the days for months, then when it's over, i feel like there's nothing to look forward to

#4 Mikster

Mikster

On Fire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:30 PM

it's like a beautiful letdown.
so um. visit inReview.net for music news, interviews, etc.

thanx and have a nice day!

#5 suzanne

suzanne

P-p-p-professional!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:32 PM

when I first started going to switchfoot concerts, I could not listen to them for a good week after a show, it would make me so sad.
"The slow motion moves me The monologue means nothing to me Bored in the role, but he can't stop Standing up to sit back down Or lose the one thing found Spinning the world like a toy top 'Til there's a ghost in every town Can't make a sound" - elliott smith

#6 jjasper123

jjasper123

The Loser

• Members
  • 5,218 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:34 PM

when I first started going to switchfoot concerts, I could not listen to them for a good week after a show, it would make me so sad.

that must be a symptom in extreme cases of *scientific name of Switchfoot Post-Concert Depression*

#7 jacqui

jacqui

P-p-p-professional!

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:36 PM

I had a huge case of it after the Appetite tour. It was bad. Really bad. Lasted a long time. :lol: ... Not so much this tour, luckily. Probably because I got to go to a small show, stay a while after the show, go to an aftershow, shake jon's hand, talk to some cool fams, and enjoy everything.

That happened to me, too. But it was more like a few days for me.

Edited by jacqui, 27 April 2008 - 10:37 PM.

Posted Image
"perhaps we're all in this thing together, part of a bigger story, one not
over yet but still being told. hope still happening and all of us invited."

flickr.

#8 --Catherine--

--Catherine--

Let That Be Enough

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:47 PM

I still have it after 15 months... :lol:

I still have it after 13 months, so I understand.
Thank you for the avatar landofbrokenhearts.org!
Twitter
Facebook

#9 pencilmeditator

pencilmeditator

Yuppie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:59 AM

listening to their CDs obsessively is the only thing that gets me through.
Posted Image

#10 LOLgirl4!Switchfoot

LOLgirl4!Switchfoot

Let That Be Enough

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:07 AM

I don't get it as bad as it use to get.For me it really depends on the concert. Sometimes I get it bad...sometimes I don't get it at all.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Facebook Photography Page

~Every breath we take, is a gift!~

#11 jmeyer3131

jmeyer3131

P-p-p-professional!

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:25 AM

Some people call it a concert hangover.Even during the concert, there's always that feeling of knowing that no matter how long it lasts, it will end too soon.
Plant joy and the fruit of joy will grow in your hearts for your good, and others will see it and receive it through your life.

I wanna see miracles
To see the world change

Can I Change A Life?

Frequently featuring the band that continues to change lives.

#12 Indyfeet77

Indyfeet77

Awakening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:31 AM

See, I had the opposite reaction. I haven't been able to listen to anything BUT Switchfoot for weeks after the concert in Indy. Maybe I'm trying to drown out the pain... Hair of the dog, anyone?
"Get psyched, man! Get psyched, man!" "What direction? Life begins at the intersection..." (I apparently love...ellipses...)

#13 O!J4switchfoot

O!J4switchfoot

This Is Your Life?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,041 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:48 AM

i still have it, and i saw them in September 06. But it's slowly being replaced with Preconcert Anxiety-the good kind. ^_^
Posted Image
[awesome] Jason [/awesome]
Seven Ate Nine

#14 ai lyn

ai lyn

Let It Out

• Members
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:19 AM

Hello. My name is Ai Lyn. and I suffer from Post Switchfoot Concert Depression. (switchfoot's the only real concert I've been to, so yeah)me and my friends are still talking about the concert..... like everyday. EVERY SINGLE DAY. plus I daydream in class about the concert. I day dream about it while I'm with my friends too.and the KL concert thread is still alive.......haha. :(

Edited by Ai Lyn, 28 April 2008 - 11:20 AM.

Posted Image
hey, I'm Ai Lyn. :D
thank you billions to Jess for the AWESOME avvy.
I wanna know that my heart's still beating
it's beating...
it's beating....
I'm BLEEDING.

#15 suzanne

suzanne

P-p-p-professional!

• Members
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:22 PM

^ I feel for yah, just hold on they will be back! or start saving up now and come to the U.S and take a road trip to a bunch of shows with one of us =)
"The slow motion moves me The monologue means nothing to me Bored in the role, but he can't stop Standing up to sit back down Or lose the one thing found Spinning the world like a toy top 'Til there's a ghost in every town Can't make a sound" - elliott smith

#16 guilt-stricken

guilt-stricken

Adding to the Noise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

Sadly for me, my friends & family are quite tired of my PSCD (or PSS:Post Switchfoot Syndrome as I call them). They keep telling me to get over it already, and even heading to two other concerts (Incubus being one of them) didn't stop my craving for more SF.

There's always a reason for PSCD to sneak up on you unknowingly weeks after your SF concert. Be it in the form of a new concert footage posted on youtube, a small article regarding SF (plus all that latest Narnia SF news) or you find that your friend's friend from church went to the same concert etc.

That's when you come to the boards for your daily SF fix though!

Today is ours, condemned to be free.
Free to keep breathing, free to believe.

Posted Image
Much love to Cammay for the banner.

#17 silent pupils

silent pupils

P-p-p-professional!

• Members
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

That concert last night was the best ever, and Jon has such inspiring words to say, the preformance was awesome!Too bad I didn't meet anyone in the band (but I almost met Jon) That is what really has gotten me down: "Will I ever get the chance to meet them again?"After a month of conting down the days I feel like there's nothing to be excited about anymore...Many a day (one) have I been watching youtube videos of the concert over and over again.
Do you like Switchfoot? Corse ya do! Want to see them add the loser back to their concert lineup? IF so, lets make some noise (clicky please) and tell Switchfoot that we want them to bring back the loser.

I'm forever facinated by that bit of space that exists between the darkness and the light, by that part of me that dosen't do what I want it to do, by the part of the world I can't understand, and that is pretey much why I write songs. - Jon Foreman

Albert eienstien said there are two types of people in this world, those who believe everything happens for a reason, and those believe nothing happens for a reason. This song is for the first group of people. (or something like that XD) - (something Jon said right before the seccod time they played needle and haystack life)

#18 jake.

jake.

The Loser

• Members
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:20 PM

Oh yes. It's a commonality with all of us...but that doesn't make it feel any better, does it?
Jake's Recommended Song of the Whenever
"You Said It" by Psychic Babble

I work for ACE ENDERS, buy his new album at icanmakeamess.bandcamp.com !

Twitter/The Whole Town Underwater/Clairvoyance
Posted Image

#19 *Emily*

*Emily*

On Fire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:44 PM

Here's my story: The concert I went to 12 days ago was AMAZING! I was 3 feet from Jon the whole time and they played TIH for the first time. I also got to talk to the guys for the first time after the show. I had been looking forward to this day for a very long time. Now that it is over it seems like there isn't anything exciting coming up. I am still telling stories from the concert, my poor classmates in homeroom. I think I am mainly depressed because I doubt I will ever have such a great concert experience, i.e. being soooo close in a small venue and getting to talk to the guys for a while afterwards. It was an all around amazing time and now it is over! http://community.swi...tyle_emoticons/default/sad.png All I can do is watch the videos I took at the concert and listen to bootlegs.

#20 ConcreteGrl16

ConcreteGrl16

Amateur Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:19 AM

^Emily I feel your pain! It was an amazing night for sure! But as always, another chance will come. This was my fourth SF concert.. the 3rd in one year! And I've come to the conclusion they will always come back. And if u get the FOTF, you are always guaranteed to meet them!I'm afraid I'm one of those that listen to nothing but SF the whole week leading up to the concert, but afterward I'm too sad to listen to them! But of course, a few days later, I'm listening to nothing but again! Post-Concert depression is the worst.
Shannon
*Spirit take me up in arms with You*
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users